Subject: Refraction
From: [email-masked] (Bob Mueller)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 14:51:27 PDT

Two Questions in one day?  Oh well, here goes...

I am doing a test of refraction and can't get it to work.  If I take trace
refraction *off*, my background renders first, then my object renders
transparent with my background showing through (just fine).  However, when I
turn *on* refraction, my image renders first, (and *solid*) and then my
background renders behind it.  My object then has NO transparency.

I've tried this with flat planes and 3D objects like spheres.  I entered a
refractive index of 1.5 for my outside surface and a R.I. of 1.1 for my inside
surface (same polygons, just that the Outside polys face out and the Inside
polys face in).

Am I missing something silly?  BTW, I'm using the standalone 3.5.

Thanks, folks!

               bOB

                   *~                                    *~
   [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~b~~ *~ [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~b~~  *~
    ~~~~~~ /|  *~| ~~|  *~   |  ~~O~~    ~~~~~~  /|*~  | ~~|    *~ | ~~O~~
     ~~~~ (_|_  _|   |_*~ _  |_  ~~B~~    ~~~~  (_|_  _|   |_ *~_  |_ ~~B~~
    *~////  |~~(_| ~ !_)~(_)~!_) ||||||   *~||||  |~~(_| ~ !_)~(_)~!_) \\\\\\